Let’s face it, we are ALL busy these days. Juggling work, home, kids, spouses, trying to find a sweet, sweet moment to yourself! I’ll be the first to admit, I usually put myself on the back-burner, even when it comes to self-care.
BUT, no more Kim…NO. MORE. I have made it a priority to get myself together every morning because:
- I thrive on a good routine
- I feel better when I’ve started my day doing something for ME
- I feel more productive when I can check off the most simple of things (Like brushing my teeth)
So, here are my 3 tips on looking good and feeling put together, even when you are busy af.
1. Brush Your Teeth & Wash Your Face
It’s so basic, yet such a necessity. Do I even need to explain brushing your teeth?
A simple skincare routine can work wonders. I’m in my 30s now and I am all about anti-aging so I follow this routine everyday:
- Cleanse – Use a gentle cleanser and some lukewarm water to start with fresh clean skin.
- Toner Mist – I like to add moisture back into my skin with a rosewater toner mist. It smells divine.
- Serum – I use vitamin C or an antioxidant serum in the morning to brighten my complexion.
- Moisturizer & SPF – Do not skip this step, it’s the most important! Moisture, Moisture, Moisture! I do want to note that the sun is not the enemy, we need the vitamin D, but we do not need the damage. Using an SPF, even on days you stay indoors, is the most important step in anti-aging and looking fresh.
If you want to put on makeup, keep it simple. I love a lightweight serum foundation, a little under eye concealer, comb those brows, bronzer/blush, and moisturize the lips.
2. Put on Clean Fresh Clothes
You need to have a few go-to outfits ready to go at all times. For me, I recommend having solid, good quality basics in a neutral color palette (black, white, camel) that all work together. When I say quality, I don’t mean expensive. The A New Day line at Target is my favorite for good basics.
Stay Home Outfit = Joggers + Tank + Slippers
Out & About Outfit = Denim + Cami + Coat + Walking Shoes
- Joggers – For the work from home life, a good pair of joggers are comfy and stylish. Pair with a quality tank or t-shirt, add a gold necklace, call it a LEWK! These joggers are also super cute and can be dressed up if you need to leave the house.
- Tank, T-shirt, or Cami – A solid black or white shirt is such a necessity! Keep them wrinkle and stain free.
- Coat – I have this camel coat that I literally wear with everything. It’s a tie closure so there’s no distracting zipper or buttons that I have to think about matching with something else. Everyone needs this coat! I also love this coatigan, it looks like a coat but wears like a cardigan, it’s so chic and comfy!
- Jeans – Denim can be done so right, and so so wrong. You want a medium to dark wash, high rise, no tears, quality pair of jeans that you can throw on with a solid tank, the camel coat, and out the door you go. My favorite jeans right now are the Levi 721 high rise, and the Levi New Boyfriend mid-rise.
- Walking Shoes – I bought this pair of black and white Nike walking shoes, and I never looked back. I need them in all white. They are so simple, comfy, and classic.
3. Comb Your Hair – Even a Top Bun Will Do
You can have on the most chic outfit in the world, and if you have dirty, undone hair, you will not look good.
I don’t wash my hair everyday. So on days 2 or 3 I opt for some good dry shampoo AND a dry conditioner (it adds moisture and shine back into your hair – game changer), a hair oil on the ends, and a cute clip or silk scrunchie to tie it back.
On clean hair days, I love a soft bouncy curl. I use a primer before curling to keep the curls lasting a couple days.
So there you have it, my 3 tips on looking good when you’re busy af! Comment below what you do to stay looking fresh!
Please note: Some of these are affiliate links and I do earn a small commission if they are used to make a purchase. These earnings allow me to keep this website up and running. I appreciate your support.
Leave a Reply